Saturday 25 July 2015

Home haul

I move into my house for my second year at uni in 3 weeks and i decided that because this time i get a double bed and we're actually in a house not halls, i would make my room more homely. I've been loving so many home things lately but i haven't managed to get everything i wanted BUT i wanted to share with you guys what i have bought lately.

The first things i bought was two sets of bedding. For people going to university who think you can just wash one set of bedding every week and you'll be ok.. no. Please just pay the extra £25 and get an extra set. It is totally worth it when you can't do your washing as often as you had hoped.

I saw this tartan bedding set and i knew i had to buy it. I love tartan, especially in winter. I just think the pattern makes a room more warm and cosy. I got a red sheet and extra red pillow cases to go with it so it actually matches well.

Matalan- £28

The second set of bedding i got has a gorgeous pattern on it. It's more light and it can brighten a room up. I think the pattern can go with anything i want to decorate my room with which i love.
I also got a light grey sheet and extra pillow cases to go with it.

Tesco- £20

I've said before in one of my posts how i am obsessed with candles. I can't tell you why, i just love the feel of the room i'm in when one is lit. Plus scented ones are heavenly. I picked up the one bellow first and decided it will go in my bathroom. It has such a clean and fresh smell i just thought it would be perfect for in there. I also realised Ikea is so cheap.. wow.

Ikea- 95p


I saw this candle first, then i looked round the rest and came back to it, it is that amazing. It smells gorgeous and i'll probably be putting it either next to my bed or on my desk. It smells like flowers and it reminds me of spring! The pale pink colour is gorgeous.

Ikea- £2

I am obsessed with trying to find things for my desk or around my room which will lighten it up and bring more life to it because my last room at uni was pretty dark. So when i found these i instantly fell in love, what is cuter than mini cacti? They are also available in purple and pink.

Ikea- £3

The last thing i bought was this storage box, it's available in another darker pattern and a plain black but i thought this went with my 'white' theme. I'll probably store toiletries in this box, such as moisturiser and shampoo/conditioner. It's so pretty.

Ikea- £3


Thanks for reading guys and i hope you enjoyed this post, let me know where you like to buy your home products!

Love,
Danielle

4 comments:

  1. I'm on a bit of homeware haul spree at the moment! IKEA is great for cheap homeware bits! X

    New blog design and poolside holiday outfit over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should look at Dunelm too!! I'm obsessed with homeware items x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ikea!!! But unfortunatley the nearest Ikea to me is like a couple of hours away, so we can't go often :( I'm obsessed with their candles too!
    Georgia xxx
    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine isnt close its about 45 minutes away and even thats painful so I feel sorry for you!! Maybe you can order things online xx

    ReplyDelete