Tuesday 15 September 2015

Travel Tuesday: Newquay

In the summer of 2014 i spent a week camping in Newquay with my family, it was one of the nicest holidays i've been on because of the company and setting. I've had a terrible camping experience before and i vowed i would never camp again. I went to Leeds Festival when i was 16 and i had just left school. It rained the whole time and it was loud and i just did not enjoy myself one bit (my tent even collapsed because of the rain at 4am and i had to go home for the night, not that i complained). 

So when my family asked me if i wanted to go to Newquay for a whole week and camp, it's safe to say i was worried. I went anyway because they owned a big tent, with different rooms and it even had a bbq in it. It was a cosy tent. In the end i did enjoy that camping experience and i've been a few times after that. As long as you have a onesie and an extra blanket to go over your sleeping bag you'll be fine. 

We visited a few different beaches and the one below was our favourite. It had the main beach to the left then a stream of water in front of this amazing view. The water was so deep in places so it was better than the actual sea. My little brothers had their wetsuits on every day and my dad had his kayak so each day was full of fun and adventures. There were huge houses on the top of them hills which you can see in the picture below, they were all unique and beautiful, it made me insanely jealous.



On the last day we stopped for fish and chips, then drove to the top of a hill to look at the beach. The sea was really rough so there were no surfers out, the beach was clear and it was beautiful. That's another thing i love, how many people are surfing. There were surfing classes on the beach, with little kids who were learning to surf, it was adorable. The beaches are also really safe, there are so many life guards.


The only bad thing about Newquay is the journey, i was travelling from Leeds so it took around 8 hours. We travelled through the day and we were stuck in traffic for hours. But the journey is worth it if you're going for a while. It's beautiful and there are so many lovely things to do.

Have a fab day and happy Travel Tuesday.

Love,
Danielle

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! It always surprises me how little I know of other cities in the UK. I really need to explore the county more!

    Mish | MishMreow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should because there are so many beautiful places

      Delete