Monday 24 August 2015

One Way To Save A Life



So i'm writing this post from the comfort of my bed whilst listening to Kings Of Leon after what feels like one of the longest days of my life. I didn't get much sleep last night and i started my new job this afternoon. I wonder what impression i gave going into work with huge bags under my eyes, but we've all done it if we're honest with ourselves.

Work was good, i didn't hate it and i'm not dreading going back which is all that matters. The people seem nice and its just a standard job really (it will pay the bills). Nothing interesting happened and i doubt it will whilst i'm there. I'm quite happy with it, it seems perfect at the minute and for when i go back to university.

After i rushed home to meet Chloe my house mate, we went to give blood. It was my third time and i always feel better about myself and as if i've accomplished something with my day. The second time i did it i fainted because i hadn't drank or eaten enough during the day. So if you're thinking about doing this amazing thing, remember to look after yourself. My blood type is B- and it's one of the reasons i want to give blood. I'm only 2% of the population so i constantly receive letters and text messages asking me to book appointments and i finally plucked up the courage after i fainted.

I honestly think it is an amazing thing to do, if you're like me and don't volunteer anywhere or give money to any charities, this could be your way of giving back to people who aren't as lucky as you. I think to my self every day, i could of saved a life. And i think that is crazy.

I know this isn't one of my usual posts but i'm mentally and physically exhausted. All i really want to do right now is curl up in bed and dive into my book. I hope you've all had a wonderful day, and i urge you to think about donating blood. You could help somebody.

Love,
Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment